Armed with this recipe from our favourite book, 30 Minute Vegetarian by Ylva Bergqvist, gone now are the days of heatin' an eatin' a tin of Rosella.
We love that, in addition to vegetable stock and salt, it's flavoured with *drum roll*... white miso paste. Miso adds an incredible depth of delicious umami flavour and we highly recommend adding it to your kitchen flavour tool kit (if it's not in there already!).
- 400gr tin cannellini beans
- 250gr artichokes in oil
- 2 Tbsps. oil from the artichoke jar
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsps. Nutritional Yeast
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
How to make it:
- Drain the cannellini beans, and rinse.
- Remove the artichokes from the oil.
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend into a mash (tip: a Nutribullet is very handy for this).
- For a thinner consistency add more oil from the artichoke jar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside until the soup is ready.
- To eat, spread liberally on hot buttered toast and serve with Tomato Soup.
For the Tomato Soup you'll need:
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional, we omit)
- 2 x 400gr tins plum tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400ml water
- 100 ml cream
- 2 Tbsp white miso paste
To make the Tomato Soup:
- Sauté onion in olive oil on a medium-low heat until soft. Add garlic and chilli flakes (if using).
- Mix in tomatoes, stock, oregano, and water. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
- Add cream and blend soup until smooth.
- Bring to the boil again, stir in the miso, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy while hot!
Did you make this? Tell us what you think or tag us in your Instagram Posts @the.butterpeople